Ribbon Blender Mixer
Ribbon Blender comprises of a U-shaped horizontal trough and a specially designed Double Helical Ribbon Agitator rotating within. Ribbon Blenders are based on a proven agitator construction that provides a triple mixing action ensuring fast, efficient blending. The dimensions and configuration of the ribbons are carefully balanced to provide a movement of material within the container that avoids dead spots and gives rapid product discharge.
An alternate design is the paddle agitator Blender. The paddles are positioned to move the material in opposing lateral directions as well as radially. The paddle design is generally employed where friable materials are being blended, and when batches as small as 15% of the total capacity are going to be mixed in the blender.
- The outer ribbon displaces the material from the ends to the center while the inner ribbon moves the material from the center to the ends. This counter-current action results in homogenous blending.
- The ribbons rotate at approximately 70 - 100 meters per minute and move the material both radially and laterally to ensure thorough blends in short cycle times.
- As the agitator rotates, the material is tumbled and carried radially around the inside of the blender.
- The pitch of the outer ribbon moves the material toward the discharge opening.
- The inner ribbon which has an opposing pitch moves the material away from the discharge opening